This is an idea from Red. These are songs that have been the soundtrack to my life at different times as well as songs that explain who I am.
1. Wish You Were Here /Pink Floyd: this was on a loop in my head for about 2 years.
2. The Question / Moody Blues
3. Baba O’Riley /The Who or any other song on Who’s Next.
4. Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony: Yes! the whole thing.
5. My Favorite Things/John Coltrane: So many moods in here I get lost.
6. Locomotive Breath/Jethro Tull
7. Tell Me Why/Neal Young
8. Piece of My Heart/ Big Brother and The Holding Company: Because Janis knew about the blues.
9. Still Crazy After All These Years/ Paul Simon
10. Why/ Annie Lennox
11. Love with Affection/ Joan Armatrading
12. Heart of Glass/ Blondie
13. Less Than Zero/ Elvis Costello
14. Idiot Wind/Bob Dylan: My friends and I howled this one in the middle of the night.
15. Ten Thousand Miles/Mary Chapin Carpenter
16. When The Music’s Over/ The Doors: The music is your special friend. Dance on fire as it intends.
17. Somewhere Over The Rainbow/ Judy Garland
18. God Bless the Child/ Billie Holiday
19. Respect/ Aretha Franklin
20. What a Wonderful World/Louis Armstrong
This list will be different tomorrow. But these are always with me.
What an varied list! I LOVE “Idiot Wind.” The lyrics are so bitter and great. Dylan wrote it when he was getting divorced.
Dylan just seems to have a way of capturing the feeling and I just love singing his songs loud. He is such a good role model for people with no voice to speak of.