Here’s The Plan

Valmiki

Image via Wikipedia

I have been feeling so uninspired lately in many aspects of my life that I thought at least I could put a spark to my writing. I don’t have enough free time to write, rewrite, edit and complete pieces of longer fiction and blog and write poetry all of which I am finding very sustaining in these dark times. So I have decided to write a continuous novel using my blog starting with some of the ideas I was working on in my NANOWRIMO novel. I lost the ending through a combination of fatigue, incompetence and bad luck, but I don’t think I was very satisfied with it anyway.

My New Project:

I will start by publishing the beginning of my novel in small pieces on the weekend and maybe working in new material and see where it takes me. Any creative and useful feedback is welcome especially ideas around what  directions to take the story. I love working collaboratively. So if you want to leave comments in any form, please don’t be shy.

My Weekly Blogging Schedule:

Monday: Poetry/ mine or somebody else’s

Tuesday/ Wednesday: A little bit about my life in process.

Thursday/Friday: Commentary or Criticism on the world, science, art, and culcha: You know all that stuff that I have no control over.

Saturday/Sunday: One or Two installments of the continuous story.

I am hoping that a framework will inspire as well as ground me to a task and get me working more. I don’t expect to be perfect, but I will be more consistent, and that will hopefully bring more inspired results.

I really mean it about the comments.

This entry was posted in All part of the process, change, NaNoWriMo, novel projects, poetry, Self-Experiments, thinking in words and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Here’s The Plan

1. Narnie says:

Oh I wish you luck. I have attempted a couple of times to do this and the rewards are huge, even though the commitment and angsting about the plot can sometimes seem unbearable. If you need a cheerleader at any time, give me a call – the continued support of my friends while I was writing really kept me focused.

2. randomyriad says:

Thanks for words of encouragement. The first part is already done. I just need an ending and to do some editing, but who knows what it will look like as I go forward. I am hoping to create some surprises.

3. Tracey says:

Best of luck with your plan!! I think with writing sometimes you have to discipline yourself from time to time in such a way.

4. randomyriad says:

I agree. Otherwise it is so easy to drift away from it and lose connection with the feeling of creating, which is what drives my process. When I am not writing I feel so heavy and earthbound.

5. I think this is a great idea. I like the idea of “blogging with discipline,” because one of the reasons I started my blog was to stay in the habit of writing every day. This is even better. You’ve inspired me! I may start another blog, that’s more structured. As you know, mine’s sort of all over the place.

Good luck with the novel!

6. randomyriad says:

Thanks for the good wishes. If you think it is a great idea then maybe I am on the right track.

7. I guess yours is a good idea. I wouldn’t worry if you feel a little uninspired now and then, it’s pretty normal, I guess. Nothing good comes easy, just take your time and live, good ideas will certainly come back.

8. randomyriad says:

I am not too worried about it. I just feel the need to wake myself up every now and then. I really love writing. I just fall into patterns of sloth and malaise. But, ideas are already bubbling up. They are seeping into my dreams. So I think the plan is working for now.

9. rick mobbs says:

Good luck with the plan! I’ll be following along. Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy your dreamtime.